The Lighting Technician is responsible for assisting in the design and installation of lighting equipment for events. This position is responsible for assisting with maintaining the lighting inventory and collaborating with production departments, Creative Services and the design teams to create lighting effects to fulfill a client’s vision within budget. This position reports to and receives direction from the Event Technology Manager, and may receive direction from the Department Lead, Director of Production, General Manager, Event Directors and the Creative Services team members.
Our Mission Values | Our Commitments
Each employee works together to strive to create the best event design and tradeshow company by:
- improving our communication,
- showing that we care about each other and the company,
- focusing on delivering quality, and
- highlighting professionalism thru personal excellence with shared passion, dedication, and commitment to client value.
Essential Duties | What You’ll Do – The Fun Stuff
- Works on the installations, operation and controls for lighting equipment for events and sample presentations. Dismantles installations as needed.
- Collaborates with Lighting Manager, Creative Services and other members of the creative team to provide innovative lighting design concepts; determines what plans are feasible with equipment
- May be required to program a variety of lighting boards including ETC and Grand MA
- Assists in coordinating technical and electrical requirements including: determining equipment needs and power loads. May draft light plots and the placement of lighting equipment.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance of lighting
- Assists in maintaining department to ensure department is organized, safe and free from obstacles and
- Mentors other staff on proper light usage, handling, installation, maintenance and
- May work with the FLEX system to manage
Other Duties and Safety Requirements | There’s More!
- Assists in maintaining departmental workspace to ensure work is organized, safe and free from obstacles and debris.
- Complies with all department and company safety guidelines, procedures, and
- Mentors safe work practices to co-workers and
- Completes all safety training as directed and within established
- Interfaces professionally with all people, internal and external, in a kind and respectful
- Tracks and enters time and assigns hours and tasks to appropriate events and jobs in time and attendance system.
- Completes all Human Resources and Payroll tasks and notifications through the Employee Self Service Online Portal on a weekly basis, as directed and within established timelines.
- Assists in other departments as needed and
- May perform other duties as
Qualifications | What You Need to Bring
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in theatrical production or related field
- 1-3 years of lighting design experience, preferably in an event
- Detailed knowledge of electricity, lighting and related technical equipment
- Adept skill in operating lighting and electrical
- Bilingual Spanish a
- Knowledge of event venues a
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required, particularly in Knowledge of event planning software, including IntelliEvent preferred.
- Ability to develop, read, calculate, and interpret pull sheets, pricing information, formulas, electrical capacities and financial reports.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up
- Works well under pressure with a proven ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced setting, and meet deadlines and goals.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and conflict management
- Ability to tolerate long work shifts and work flexible schedules to include evenings and
- Good knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment that may include: electrical wire, electrical testers, fuses, pliers, screwdriver, hand drill, tape measure, dollies, high lift, and 8 foot, 12 and 14 foot
Physical and Work Environment Requirements | What it is Like in the Office and Shop
- Ability to stand, kneel, crouch, bend and reach during entire work
- Able to walk 50% of the work
- Ability to work with hands and arms during entire
- Must be able to move and climb ladders without
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull 50 lbs. throughout the Occasionally may move up to and over 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to handle fragile items
- Required to move between two buildings throughout the work
- Must have 20/20 vision with
- Must be able to tolerate cold, heat and humid
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and chemicals throughout the work
- Ability to tolerate moderate