July 26, 2022 /
The Corporate Stage Manager assists the Technical Producer in executing the run of the show of events. The Corporate Stage Manager serves as an on-site liaison between the client, producer, presenters, and event show technicians to ensure a cued event runs on time and cues are executed when called for. The Corporate Stage Manager reports to and receives direction from BlackOak Technical Productions labor supervisor, operations manager, and the Technical Producer during events. This position collaborates with the BlackOak Technical team as well.
Essential Duties | What You’ll Do – The Fun Stuff
- Runs rehearsals for events and calls the show for the event based on the Technical Producer or client’s run of show document.
- Serves as liaison between client, producer, and show technicians to facilitate communication and coordinate changes to the run of show.
- Collaborates with the producing team, Technical Liaison and Project Coordinators to ensure the event is produced and executed according to the contract and client expectations.
Qualifications | What You Need to Bring
- 5+ years in stage management in a theatrical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in either theater design and production or business preferred.
- Basic understanding of Technical Production including lighting, audio, video, and staging.
- Experience following a tightly cued run-of-show.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Interpersonal communications and conflict management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works well under pressure with a proven ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced setting, meet deadlines and goals, and effectively deal with competing demands.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of event planning software a plus.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements | What it is Like in the Office and Shop
- Ability to sit up to 50% of the work day.
- Ability to walk 50% of the work day.
- Required to move throughout the buildings during the work day.
- Ability to travel to venue locations
- Must be able to tolerate moderate noise.
- Must have 20/20 vision with correction.